Monday 15 August 2011

Day 3 Standedge to Hebden Bridge

This morning we delivered breakfast (sausage and bacon muffins) to Kirsten and Rob at the Carriage House Inn camp site at 7.30 am. This was the day I had planned to walk with them - the stretch from Standedge to Blackstone Edge (The White House), roughly 7.5 miles. Since I hadn’t done any serious walking for some time I was a little nervous about ‘holding them up’ but I found my walking legs after a mile and felt fine all the way.





Enjoying a rest and a flapjack


The weather was ‘iffy’, bursts of rain and then glimpses of sun – typical August really and the ground was a ‘little muddy’ to say the least. We stopped at the roadside mobile cafe on the A627 Ripponden Road and had a very welcome cup of coffee - my fellow walkers assured me that you should grab every opportunity to eat and have a hot drink (I like that). ). I felt slightly apprehensive about crossing the footpath over the M62 (not fond of heights) but Rob talked me across, telling me that the crosswind makes you hang onto the sides! Thanks Rob. Fortunately, there was only a slight breeze. Phew.







We seemed to reach The White House is super time (well I thought so) and found that Joe was waiting for me in the car park.

After a quick lunch and a photo shoot with the bears .....


we parted company and the intrepid pair set off towards Blackstone Edge Reservoir making their way to Hebden Bridge.



What a enjoyable morning. Looking forward to the next time! See you in Malham.

No comments:

Post a Comment